The Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT) recognises the important relationship between employment outcomes, strong small businesses and a skilled workforce to the wellbeing of Queenslanders and their communities.
The EMPLOYMENT service area focuses on
- increasing Queenslanders’ participation in the labour market
- increasing employment opportunities for Queenslanders
- assisting disadvantaged cohorts
- undertaking both policy and strategic engagement activities
- delivering key government employment programs.
The SMALL BUSINESS service area focuses on
- ensuring small businesses can seamlessly interact with government
- Ensuring small businesses are better supported to start, grow and employ
- Ensuring products and services are delivered to small business to better enable them to grow and make it easier to interact with government.