Website RMA Soils
Are you looking for…
· An entry level opportunity
· A new trade in the booming civil construction industry
· Keep fit & active on the job
“Working at RMA Soils is totally different to any other place I have worked at. The morale and willingness of the leaders to assist anyone in need is inspirational and makes you want to do better.” Phillip – Senior Technical Officer
We are on the lookout for entry level Soil Technicians to start a trade in the booming construction industry and join our fun, relaxed and innovative team.
A bit about us
RMA Soils + Geotechnical have been operating primarily in and around the Toowoomba region with a presence in the Bundaberg & Brisbane regions for the last 9 years. As part of the RMA group, we service internal and external clients across the land development, commercial & both local and state government sectors. With repeat business from great clients, a solid pipeline of work and endless new opportunities, we are growing!
Reporting to the Team Leader/Lab Manager, your primary focus will be to carry out hands on testing work on some of the biggest land development projects in Toowoomba and surrounds. The work is directed towards compaction control of earthworks & road pavements, both in the lab and onsite, and to play a key part in the quality assurance process. You will also have the opportunity to assist with geotechnical site investigations on one of our mobile drilling rigs.
You’ll have the opportunity to gain a Certificate III in Laboratory Skills through on-the-job training facilitated by our Senior Technicians and Geotechnical Engineer, in conjunction with course work delivered onsite through the registered training organisation. The Certificate III is competency based and can be completed in approximately 12months. Once trained you could be earning the same or more than the common trade industries such as carpentry or plumbing!
Standard roster is Monday – Friday 7am – 4pm
Starting rates of $24 – $26 per hour ($47,424 – $51,376 base + super) with paid O/T and other benefits on offer.
In order to be successful in this role you will:
• Be seeking a genuine trade and career in the construction industry
• Enjoy performing active and manual work
• Be a fast learner who has the ability to follow processes, learn on the job and be confident to ask questions and get involved
• Have an ability to read, comprehend and acquire knowledge of the Australian and DTMR standards
• Be enthusiastic and motivated to work both unsupervised and as part of a small dynamic team
• Be able to uphold safety standards and company policy
• Have an ability to listen, sound judgement and common sense
• Be willing to undertake training and obtain certifications in the Certificate III in Laboratory Skills (where relevant)
• Hold a current, open unrestricted Australian Driver’s Licence
• Hold a Construction Safety ‘white card’ (or willingness to obtain)
• Be willing to undergo a pre-employment medical assessment
What we offer:
• Career Progression
• A relaxed working environment
• Personal and professional development opportunities
• Open plan new office space in Toowoomba city
• Barista coffee machine and snacks
• Twice weekly group fitness sessions
• Friday afternoon social catch-ups
• Bi-annual development reviews
• Annual all staff off-site team day
• Learning opportunities with management and RMA Engineers staff
• The majority of our work is local to Toowoomba with the opportunity for some travel
Interested in applying?
We’d love to hear from you.
Please apply via our website with a copy of your resume and letter addressing the criteria above.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com