Website RMA Soils
RMA Soils + Geotechnical
Experienced Soil Technician Opportunities
• Fresh start for 2023?
• $5k Sign on Bonus! *
• $59,000 – $79,000 base annual salary (based on experience)
Are you looking for a fresh start in 2023? To leave FIFO life behind whilst still earning a great salary in town?
With multiple large-scale projects coming online in the coming months and a solid pipeline of work across Southeast Queensland into the future, we are on the lookout for future leaders to join our growing business. Currently seeking the best experienced Technicians in the industry to join our team.
All applications will be treated with absolute confidentiality.
What we are offering:
– $5000 sign on bonus * conditions apply
– $59,000 – $79,000 base annual salary depending on experience (+ OT opportunities)
– Monday to Friday with some weekend work where required
– Access to work vehicle
– Work local to Toowoomba & Bundaberg regions
– Fulltime ongoing employment & growth
RMA Soils + Geotechnical have been operating primarily in and around the Toowoomba region with a presence in the Bundaberg & Brisbane regions for the last 9 years. As part of the RMA group we work on small, medium, and large-scale projects primarily for land developers, civil contractors, engineering firms and local government. With an emphasis on quality and an end product that stands the test of time, we have built a solid reputation with our clients and share the same values on doing things the right way.
Reporting to the Team Leader/Lab Manager, your primary focus will be to complete construction materials testing in the Field & Laboratory while also having the opportunity to assist with geotechnical site investigations, project management & sales. You’ll spend the majority of your day both out in the field working on residential, commercial and road projects and in our NATA-accredited lab completing various tests, equipment checks and general housekeeping. Think variety, process & growth!
In order to be successful as an experienced Soil Technician, you will be:
– A motivated industry professional who is passionate about achieving quality outcomes
– You have a willingness to use the latest technology and software to support you in your role
– Proficient with the Australian and DTMR standards for soils and concrete
– Experience in Level 1 inspection & testing for bulk earthworks
– You enjoy performing active, manual work and have experience working in construction materials testing
– A minimum Certificate 3 in Laboratory Skills or Construction Material Testing
– A current QLD Nuclear Density Gauge License
– Signatory experience (preferred not essential)
– A self-motivated team player with initiative and strong communication and problem-solving skills
– You thrive on interacting with clients, streamlining processes and getting your hands dirty
NB. All applicants must hold a valid current Australian Driver’s License, Construction safety ‘white card’ and be willing to undergo a pre-employment medical if successful.
Other benefits to working for RMA:
– A high performing yet relaxed work environment
– Reputable business focused on quality & positive culture
– Opportunity to progress your career as we grow, think annex lab manager, quality manager or team leader!
– Working for the best clients on the biggest local projects.
– Barista coffee machine
– Twice weekly personal trainer group fitness sessions
– Friday afternoon social catch-ups
– Annual all staff off-site team day
– Work alongside & learn from industry leading geotechnical, civil & structural engineers
Don’t delay – applications close Monday 27th February
We’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and cover letter outlining:
1. What does your ideal workday look like?
2. What are you looking for in this role?
3. What will you bring to this role?
Interviewed candidates will be given the opportunity of taking a tour of our lab so we can show you first-hand our great team, the work environment and some of the great projects we are working on.
Permanent salary packages are based on experience and a base annual salary of $59,000 – $79,000 + super with the option of pre-approved overtime. Successful clearance of a pre-employment medical (including drug and alcohol testing) will also be required for this position. Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received with interviews being conducted late February / early March.
The sign-on bonus is applicable to hires in the Quarter 1 2023 recruitment period only.
Eligibility details will be provided at interview stage.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org