Website Golden West Apprenticeships
The purpose of this Automotive Electrical Apprenticeship in Toowoomba is to provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completing a nationally recognised course of training through a registered training organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Automotive electricians install, maintain, identify faults and repair electrical wiring and computer-based equipment in motor vehicles and related equipment, such as caravans, trailers, earthmoving equipment, mining equipment, marine applications and agricultural equipment.
Auto electricians typically work in auto service centres and garages. They may work for general mechanic and repair shops or car dealerships, or they may work for specialty shops, such as industrial companies that use heavy equipment, parts manufacturers and transportation companies.
Day-to-day tasks may include:
– using test equipment to locate electrical and electronic malfunctions
– dismantling and removing electrical and electronic assemblies and components
– installing electrical equipment and electronic components in motor vehicles
– connecting power-operated vehicle equipment and accessories to power supply
– adjusting engine control systems and timing
– A willingness to develop skills and knowledge.
– The ability to listen, follow instructions and ask for assistance when required.
– The desire to make a positive contribution to the workplace by being punctual, showing interest and adhering to the relevant workplace policies and procedures.
– The ability to act responsibly and safely in the workplace.
– The ability to develop effective working relationships both in the workplace as well as with Golden West Apprenticeships team members.
– The ability to complete timesheets correctly and on-time.
– Work experience in your chosen industry
To fulfil the requirements of Automotive Electrical Apprenticeship with Golden West Apprenticeships you will:
– Abide by the terms and conditions of the Training Contract.
– Complete Golden West Apprenticeships inductions.
– Perform work in a satisfactory manner.
– Commit to and complete the Training Plan in the timeframe allocated by completing theory based assessments and demonstrating skills through competency based assessments to the best of your ability.
– Comply with registration relevant to your field of work, in particular the Further Education and Training Act and the Work Health and Safety Act.
To apply for this job please visit apply.goldenwest.org.au.