Website Focused On Care
Dignity, Respect, Individualised, Visionary and Engaging
Focused on Care is a Queensland based organisation who provides individualised, high-quality care to meet the evolving needs of our clients and the community.
Our focus on quality supports has seen the demand for our services expand throughout Queensland. Throughout this growth we have remained committed to ensuring our clients goals are being met.
We support NDIS, NIISQ and DVA clients and pride ourselves on doing things differently and putting our clients at the centre of everything we do. We work hard to get to know both our clients and our team to ensure we match the right support worker with our clients to set everyone up for success.
About our Team Leader Role
Due to our continued growth we are seeking a talented and passionate Team Leader who is an experienced leader and manager of people to join our Service Delivery team in our Toowoomba Office.
This client and customer focused role will work with our clients and team members in the Supported Independent Living, Home and Community Supports and Short-Term Accommodation areas of the business. This role will support our clients across the Toowoomba region.
Our Team Leaders fulfil an important support coordination, customer engagement and employee management role for our business, and:
- is the primary contact for a portfolio of clients
- is the line-manager for all staff working with clients within their portfolio
- responsible for the effective management of various high-quality and individualised services being delivered to clients while ensuring the client retains choice and control
ensures all support services are delivered in line with the client’s needs and personal goals and needs, and in accordance with Focused on Care’s policies and procedures
- ensures a smooth transition into the organisation for new clients
- will undertake administrative activities, and create interim and end of plan reports for clients as part of any review process
- participates in rostering decisions, and on-call on a rotational basis
Hours of work will between our core office hours of Monday – Friday 8am – 6pm, however you may need to meet with Clients or Stakeholders outside these hours. While this is an office-based role you conduct offsite face-to-face meetings with new Clients, meet with Support Coordinators or Stakeholders and visit existing Clients as required.
You don’t necessarily need NDIS or disability sector experience, but you must have leadership experience and the passion and drive to want work with people with a disability, their guardians, loved ones and support network.
You will need to have advanced people management skills and customer engagement experience, which will serve as your foundation in managing a team in the delivery of independent living and personal care services and/or navigating challenging client behaviours.
You will be able to embrace and support change, and lead a team with focus and optimism in an environment of complexity. As a Team Leader you will strengthen and mobilise the unique talents and capabilities of the workforce ensuring team capacity by bringing together people of diverse disciplines, backgrounds and perspectives.
As a Focused on Care Team Leader, it is essential you maintain a high standard of practice through governance and risk management, and foster an inclusive workplace where health, safety and wellbeing is promoted and prioritised.
We look for Team Leaders who:
- have proven experience in managing a large diverse team, across multiple work locations
- have well-developed and sophisticated interpersonal skills with the capacity to liaise effectively with a wide range of clients and service providers – your customer engagement skills must be at an advanced level
- can think critically with an ability to think outside the square to find solutions
- can use technology and data as a medium to better manage and support our clients and workforce
- can deliver against set outcomes in strict deadlines, and be flexible to changing needs and priorities
An understanding of the NDIS, NIISQ and/or CHSP frameworks, knowledge or experience with positive behaviour support plans, restrictive practices, and in managing supported independent living (SIL) homes or short-term accommodation (STA) is welcomed but not essential. We strongly encourage you to apply if you meet our requisite people leader, manager and customer engagement experience, as we can bring you along on the journey of understanding and working within these frameworks and services.
Most importantly you will embody our D.R.I.V.E ethos of Dignity, Respect, Individualised, Visionary and Engaging.
Why choose Focused on Care?
- strong leadership support and mentoring
- ongoing development opportunities, and support to attend relevant industry events, networking and training
- unwavering commitment to disability sector governance and ethical practice
- Employee Assistance Program, with additional wellness programs/events
- career pathways for your long-term career development with us
- an understanding flexible work environment where physical and psychological safety is paramount
- an opportunity to work with an experienced and passionate peer group of colleagues
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to building a workplace culture which values diversity and inclusion. We welcome, actively support and promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTQIA+, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds and other diversity groups.
If you feel you have what it takes to succeed in the role of Team Leader, and you’ve been wanting or waiting for the right career change or move – this is it!