Website Churches of Christ
Imagine how rewarding giving living assistance to older people could be? The smallest gesture can make the biggest difference.
Imagine a career at Churches of Christ
Our values encourage us to be accepting of differences and embrace all. Our size and variety offer you real choices and opportunities to grow your career.
We also offer:
• Supportive team environment;
• Opportunities for professional development;
• Grants (for eligible employees) to assist in formal study;
• Employee discount program through our large network of retail partners (Bupa Health, Medibank, JB HI-FI etc);
• A career where you can make a huge difference in the quality of life for our residents!
Established in 1930, We are one of Australia’s largest and most diverse not-for-profit organisations.
Active in the areas of children, youth and family services; community housing; retirement living; home care; and residential aged care services, we provide care and compassion to vulnerable people at different stages of their life journey. With over 200 Services in more than 100 communities, we positively impact around 45,000 lives a year.
The importance of this role
We have an exciting opportunity for Personal Care Workers to join our close knit and friendly team on a Casual basis.
In this role you will be responsible for providing direct care to residents and assisting them in daily living activities that meet their individual physical, spiritual, social and cultural needs. Shifts consist of mornings, afternoons and nights, including weekends.
During your varied day you will:
• Provide personal care and physical and emotional support to residents who require assistance with daily living;
• Participate in the development and review of resident/client care plans; complete charting and report any observed changes to resident health to the Registered Nurse/Enrolled Nurse;
• Maintain the personal dignity and privacy of all residents, their representatives and staff, and ensure that all interaction with residents and their representatives are treated confidentially;
• Support and assist in the provision of a comfortable, safe and secure environment;
• Undertake and complete tasks as delegated by Registered/Enrolled Nurse.
What you can bring to the team
You have a compassionate nature and love being around and caring for seniors. You will enjoy taking time to build relationships with our residents and taking time to get to know them in order to provide the best possible care. You are a positive individual who works well with others and are happy to support your fellow team members.
Your experience and qualifications for this role ideally, should include:
• Certificate III or IV in Aged Care or Individual Support (Qualified Applicants);
• Willingness to work a variety of shifts, including morning afternoons and nights across a 7-day week;
• Current National Police and NDIS Screening Check or the ability to obtain.
• Under Churches of Christ policy and/or the applicable public health directions, team members are required to be vaccinated for Covid-19. As part of the recruitment processes we ask that you provide evidence that your vaccination meets the requirements of Churches of Christ policy or the applicable public health direction.
Importantly, you will be someone who closely aligns with our organisational values of: Unconditional Love, Continual Innovation, Mutual Trust, Wise Stewardship and Safety.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org