Website Churches of Christ
Make a difference everyday
Churches of Christ is one of Australia’s largest and most diverse Not-For-Profit organisations. We are proud to support to more than 25,000 Australians through our aged care, foster & kinship care, Youth & Family support, social housing and Christian faith services. Guided by the light of Christ, we’ve been there for thousands of Australians who’ve needed our compassion and care for more than 100 years.
Imagine a career at Churches of Christ
Everything we do at Churches of Christ is guided by our values and we are committed to ensuring our thousands of team members feel valued and supported every day.
We offer a range of employee benefits including:
• Employee Recognition program that recognises staff and their dedication each year;
• Employee Discount program through our large network of retail partners (Bupa Health, Medibank, JB Hi-Fi etc);
• Opportunities for professional development;
• Employee Assistance Program;
• Grants (for eligible employees) to assist in formal study.
About the Role
Travelling throughout the Toowoomba and Darling Downs region, you will join a dynamic team of Home Care Workers to provide our clients with assistance and encouragement of independence to reside in their chosen community.
In this varied and rewarding role you will support our clients by:
• Helping with cleaning, shopping, meal preparation and other light housework;
• Assisting with transport to appointments and undertaking personal shopping;
• Providing personal care including; showering, dressing and continence care;
• Assisting clients with medication;
• Developing a consumer driven care plan.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference in the lives of our clients. You will be someone with an empathetic and compassionate nature who enjoys taking the time to build meaningful relationships with our clients. You will be someone who has experience in providing excellent customer service.
To be suitable for this position, your qualifications for the role will consist of:
• A current driver’s licence and full insured and reliable vehicle for work purposes;
• Physical capacity to carry out the duties required, including house and manual work;
• A Certificate III in Aged Care, Individual Support or equivalent;
• Completion of the unit HLTHPS006 – Assist clients with medication – or ability to acquire;
• Current First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificates.
Importantly, you will be someone who closely aligns with our organisation values of: Unconditional Love, Continual Innovation, Mutual Trust, Wise Stewardship and Safety.
Under Churches of Christ policy and/or the applicable public health directions, team members are required to be vaccinated for Covid-19. As part of the recruitment processes we ask that you provide evidence that your vaccination meets the requirements of Churches of Christ policy or the applicable public health direction.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org